When building at LAT, there are many things taken into consideration. More than just building homes, we want to create an environment that is in harmony with the beautiful jungle surroundings.
Below are some of the requirements you need to know before starting to build.
Note: these are NOT all the requirements, and you’re encouraged to review and follow the full Construction Handbook.
- Written approval of the Los Arboles Tulum Homeowners’ Association Vigilance Committee on all the construction documentation, surveys and permits is needed before any work commences.
- Only 5% of the lot area can be cleared. Within this 5% area: the 30% can be used for the construction of habitable roofed area and the remaining 70% can be used for non-habitable areas (driveway, pool, garden, porches, yard, and/or garage).
- MIA Compliance. The Manifestacion de Impacto Ambiental or Environmental Impact Plan of Los Arboles Tulum must be complied with.
- Responsibility of employers operating within Los Arboles Tulum. Provide employees with fair salaries and benefits, obey all labor laws and provide working conditions and adequate toilet facilities.
- Construction Hours. Construction work may only take place between 6am and 6pm from Monday to Friday and 6am to 2pm on Saturdays.
- No workers are allowed to remain overnight. A security plan may be submitted to provide overnight security only by an established and licensed security company.
- Water Wells – Individual water wells are not permitted in Los Arboles Tulum. Access to water is supplied by Los Arboles Tulum.
- Pollution of the ground waters is not tolerated before, during, or after the construction process. A correctly sized septic system with humedal is mandatory for any house in LAT. No untreated discharge is permitted into the environment.
- Burning and open fires. Burning of garbage or any other combustible material outdoors is prohibited. Cooking fires are prohibited.
- Setbacks. No construction is permitted with the exception of the mamposteria (masonry) and gate within a minimum of 40 meters on any road frontage, and a minimum of 20 meters on boundaries with adjacent lots.
- Privacy Fencing No fencing of any type is allowed on the Private Unit except inside the cleared 5%, Maximum Use Area.
- Construction material storage, debris and trash must be properly confined to the related 5% use area of the property.